Tinley Park Trustee Diane Galante Faraway from Village Board Assembly (Tinley Park, IL) — On the village of Tinley Park’s common board assembly held Tuesday, Might 17, 2022, Trustee Diane Galante was faraway from the board assembly by vote, with solely Galante voting no. The drama ensued through the board feedback portion after Mayor Glotz learn from a police report which included allegations that Glotz intimidated her after a board assembly.
When Trustee Sullivan acknowledged she was current however didn’t witness these accusations, Galante interrupted her and was requested to not interrupt, as has occurred at earlier board conferences. Galante continued interrupting, which devolved right into a shouting match. On account of the shortage of order and decorum, Glotz requested if there was a movement to take away Trustee Galante for lack of decorum. Trustee Mahoney made the movement, Trustee Brennan seconded it, at which level it was authorized with solely Galante voting no.
The chain of occasions that led to Galante’s removing started with Glotz discussing a police report filed towards him:
On April 7, Trustee Galante walked into the police station to file a false police report towards me. … ‘Topic states coworker bought in her house and intimidated her by quietly talking discourteous feedback to her.’ Trustee Galante additionally stated that I blocked the door. I couldn’t block the door if I wished to.
Glotz continued studying from the report, “On the finish of the Tinley Park board assembly Diane Galante had her hand on the door … when Michael Glotz got here as much as her and stood inside arm’s attain, leaning in direction of her.’ Once more, that’s simply not true.”
The report additionally consists of allegations of name-calling. Glotz claimed he by no means referred to as Galante an fool, however he confirmed “I stated you might be impolite and embarrassing.”
The report consists of Galante’s assertion that Glotz is making an attempt to harm her household. Whereas he denied making an attempt to harm her household, he did ask “Please take into account to make restitution with Village Coin for the cash that you just do owe.”
Glotz claimed that there have been 16-17 folks “who heard and noticed Diane turn into unhinged and act in a really scary method as I walked away from her and he or she got here chasing me down.”
Glotz went on to record beforehand alleged misdeeds dedicated by Galante. He additionally acknowledged “You tried to intimidate the police chief and coerce him at a residence home to provide you data that you just weren’t even entitled to. The chief felt threatened by you and reported it.
Glotz advised Galante “Please cease your video games and let’s work collectively, or simply resign so we will get again to enterprise.”
Galante’s response included the next:
“I went to the police division out of concern. I feared, myself, that day as you whispered in my ear and that’s why I went there. How dare you … I wasn’t gonna allow you to belittle me and do what you do and stroll out that door such as you’re gonna make me really feel dangerous. … Simply because I couldn’t be advised what I used to be gonna do, then I’m out and I’m attacked.”
It was after Galante’s feedback that the argument between Sullivan and Galante ensued and was gaveled by Glotz. Noting that he had warned Galante 9 occasions beforehand to not interrupt different board members, he requested for the movement to take away her. After she left the room, the feedback continued.
Clerk O’Connor acknowledged “She sits right here and assaults residents. I can not perceive that. That can’t be allowed to proceed. … That is actually disappointing, what all of us simply needed to witness. I apologize to these right here in attendance and to our 55,000+ residents.”
Resident Michael Stuckly, who was referred to as out by Galante by identify throughout her feedback, determined to talk:
It was not confirmed that something was leaked to me or shared to me, so I don’t know the place she’s getting that from … Clearly classless, bringing my identify up once more … she simply proved how she is tonight, she simply can’t deal with herself, she’s not skilled.
Resident Tim Janecyk spoke subsequent:
I can’t consider what’s happening with this trustee. … What I noticed tonight, as an American, it’s my proper to criticize any certainly one of you on that dais. … However Trustee Galante has filed two police stories towards me, that I do know of, primarily based on Mr. Stuckly and my FOIA requests on her police stories.
He went on to say that he wished to confront her “about her makes an attempt to have me arrested for my Fb criticisms about her.”
Trustee Galante just isn’t solely corrupt, however is completely unfit for workplace. She’s abused her workplace, she’s abused the traditions of this nation. We’re all Individuals right here, we will all criticize our elected officers. Janecyk acknowledged he doesn’t need to sue his village, however that “she will be able to rent her personal lawyer, and defend her personal unethical and unlawful, immoral, corrupt habits on this room on this dais. … Trustee Galante must resign.
Different Agenda Objects
CONSIDER ADOPTING ORDINANCE 2022-O-025 AMENDING TITLE XI, CHAPTER 112, SECTION 112.22 OF THE TINLEY PARK MUNICIPAL CODE– AN ORDINANCE DECREASING THE NUMBER OF CLASS “A” LIQUOR LICENSES THAT CAN BE ISSUED IN THE VILLAGE AND INCREASING THE NUMBER OF CLASS AV LIQUOR/VIDEO LICENSES THAT CAN BE ISSUED IN THE VILLAGE (HILLGROVE TAP, 9505 W. 171st STREET) – Galante voted no.
(all others authorized unanimously)
- CONSIDER APPROVAL OF AGENDA – Movement to approve agenda with removing of Merchandise 11
- CONSIDER APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE SPECIAL VILLAGE BOARD MEETING HELD ON MAY 3, 2022
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-044 RECOGNIZING BECKY NICHOLS FOR HER EFFORTS IN STARTING AND MANAGING THE TINLEY PARK FARMERS MARKET
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-048 DESIGNATING MAY 15TH THROUGH MAY 21ST AS NATIONAL PUBLIC WORKS WEEK IN THE VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-051 RECOGNIZING THE STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY’S 100TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
- RECEIVE PRESENTATIONS OF THE TINLEY PARK BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT – TK INSURANCE AND UCP SEGUIN FOUNDATION
- CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING BOARD COMMISSION LIAISON APPOINTMENTS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2023
- CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING COMMISSION APPOINTMENTS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2023
- CONSIDER APPOINTING BRETT OFTEDAHL TO THE POSITION OF FIRE INSPECTOR
- CONSIDER APPOINTING KAREN SCHUTT TO THE POSITION OF ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER
- CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE FOLLOWING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-045 CELEBRATING FATHER JAMES “JAY” FINNO ON THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF HIS ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD.
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-046 APPROVING A GROUND LEASE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK AND STC TWO, LLC FOR 18301 RIDGELAND AVENUE, TINLEY PARK, ILLINOIS (250 SF).
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-047 APPROVING A GROUND LEASE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK AND STC TWO, LLC (18301 RIDGELAND AVENUE, TINLEY PARK, ILLINOIS).
- CONSIDER ADOPTING ORDINANCE 2022-O-039 APPROVING THE THIRD AMENDMENT TO THE ECONOMIC INCENTIVE AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN THE VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS AND BANGING GAVEL PROPERTIES LLC. THE AMENDMENT WILL REMOVE THE TIME LIMITATION ON THE TEMPORARY OUTDOOR BEER GARDEN.
- CONSIDER PAYMENT OF OUTSTANDING BILLS IN THE AMOUNT OF $3,364,017.57 AS LISTED ON THE VENDOR BOARD APPROVAL REPORTS DATED MAY 6 AND 13, 2022.
- CONSIDER ADOPTING ORDINANCE 2022-O-034 GRANTING VARIATIONS TO PERMIT A ONE-STORY BUILDING ADDITION FOR A CERTAIN PROPERTY LOCATED AT 17344 OAK PARK AVENUE
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-049 APPROVING AN AMENDED RIGHT-OF-WAY ENCROACHMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN ELEVATED ENTERPRISES, LLC., AND THE VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 17344 OAK PARK AVENUE
- CONSIDER ADOPTING ORDINANCE 2022-O-035 GRANTING A VARIATION TO PERMIT A CORNER FENCE IN A SECONDARY FRONT YARD FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 7501 HANOVER DRIVE
- CONSIDER ADOPTING ORDINANCE 2022-O-036 GRANTING A SPECIAL USE FOR FINAL APPROVAL OF A PLANNED UNIT DEVELOPMENT AND FINAL PLAT OF SUBDIVISION FOR THE OAK RIDGE SUBDIVISION
- CONSIDER ADOPTING ORDINANCE 2022-O-037 GRANTING STEVEN NOVAK OF ANYTIME FITNESS A SPECIAL USE PERMIT FOR A COMMERCIAL INDOOR RECREATION USE GREATER THAN 3,500 SQUARE FEET IN FLOOR SPACE AT 17823 80TH AVENUE
- CONSIDER ADOPTING ORDINANCE 2022-O-038 GRANTING VARIATIONS TO PERMIT A PATIO AND FENCE IN A SECONDARY FRONT YARD FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 7240 174th PLACE
- CONSIDER ADOPTING RESOLUTION 2022-R-050 APPROVING A CONTRACT BETWEEN THE VILLAGE OF TINLEY PARK AND AUSTIN TYLER CONSTRUCTION FOR THE WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT – DOROTHY LANE & IRONWOOD DRIVE
- CONSIDER RESOLUTION 2022-R-052 APPROVING THE PURCHASE OF A HOMELAND SECURITY MOBILE BOLLARD SYSTEM FROM ADVANCED SECURITY TECHNOLOGY (AST)
Tinley Park Trustee Diane Galante Faraway from Village Board Assembly