One other free agent outfielder has been linked to the Chicago Cubs. This time, it is the former-New York Met Michael Conforto. According to a report from Jon Heyman, the 29-year-old is in search of a two-year take care of an opt-out.
Conforto injured his shoulder in the course of the MLB lockout in the course of the 2021 offseason and did not signal with a group for the 2022 season.
The Cubs have been talked about in live performance with a number of outfield free brokers, however most have been choices for centerfield, which isn’t Conforto’s major place. Nonetheless, the previous Oregon State Beaver does fill the void of a lefty bat with energy that Chicago could possibly be in search of.
The lefty had an OPS of .864 from 2017-20 with 97 house runs throughout 467 video games. The Seattle native had a down yr in 2021, hitting simply 14 house runs, however he was nonetheless capable of handle an OPS+ of 100.
Scroll to Proceed
It could possibly be an fascinating gamble for the Cubs. The query, nonetheless, stays: will Conforto be the identical participant he was after taking a yr off.
Extra From SI’s Inside The Cubs
- Could Mike Trout Request a Trade to the Chicago Cubs?
- Did David Robertson Net the Cubs a Future Star in Ben Brown?
- Hoerner is the Cubs Shortstop of the Future
- Cubs Could Give Canario a Shot in September
- Could the Cubs Land Trea Turner in the Offseason?
- Chicago Cubs Have a New Top Prospect in Their Rankings
- Is This Top Cubs Prospect Destined for the Mound at Wrigley?
- Steele Offers Glimpse Into Future of Cubs Rotation
- Do the Chicago Cubs Have the National League’s Best Bullpen?
- Can Christopher Morel be a Long-Term Solution in Center Field?
Make certain to comply with Contained in the Cubs on Twitter!