Homer Glen Resident Requires Gun Ban at Village Board Assembly (Homer Glen, IL) — On the village of Homer Glen board assembly held Wednesday, Could 25, 2022, one resident known as on the board to have “the center” to cross an entire ban on the sale of firearms inside the village.
Mayor Yukich held a second of silence for the victims of the Uvalde, Texas faculty taking pictures which ended the lives of 19 college students and a pair of academics. In response to the taking pictures, one Homer Glen resident known as on the board to ban gun gross sales within the village, stating the next:
We now have to cease gun gross sales in Homer Glen. Too many murders, 2nd modification was in 19 – 1776, they used lengthy weapons. You should purchase a gun proper down the road, 159th Avenue. You go in there, wait 24 hours, be 18 years previous. … I hope any individual has the center to place up a referendum, vote on it, let the ACLU sue you. … They wanna purchase weapons, allow them to go into Chicago and purchase weapons from the criminals … We gotta ban weapons in Homer Glen, no weapons in Illinois be offered. I’ve shot weapons earlier than, I feel they’re very harmful, I don’t have a gun at house myself.
When reached for remark, Trustee Pazmino responded:
There is no such thing as a gun drawback in Homer Glen. There are a lot of residents with CCLs and FOIDs that apply 2nd Modification rights. I feel that one of many causes that Homer Glen is among the most secure communities in Illinois is due to the quantity of residents who legally train their 2nd Modification proper to guard their households and themselves.
When requested if the board is contemplating any such motion he said “There’s nothing being introduced up.”
Pazmino Discusses Soliciting Hours
Beneath New Enterprise Trustee Pazmino mentioned an ordinance handed by the earlier administration extending soliciting hours to 9 p.m. Pazmino needs to reverse that ordinance in order that no solicitors will be at residents’ doorways after nightfall, and requested that it’s added to the subsequent agenda.
Different Agenda Gadgets
- CONSENT AGENDA (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account for Approval the Accounts Payable for the Interval of Could 13, 2022 by way of Could 26, 2022 within the Quantity of $706,249.72.
- Take into account for Approval the Treasurer’s Report of Money and Investments for the Interval Ending April 30, 2022.
- LEGISLATION AND ACTION ITEMS
- Take into account a Movement to determine Ordinance 22-024 as a way to amend part 5-3(B) of the Village of Homer glen Code of Ordinances concerning the Order of Enterprise or Agenda for the transaction of enterprise at common Village Board Conferences carried out inside the Village of Homer Glen, Will County, Illinois. (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account for Approval the Mayor and Village Board’s Appointments to the Village’s Committees for one (1) 12 months phrases. (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account a Movement to Approve the Revised 2022 Adjudication Court docket Calendar for the Village of Homer Glen. (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account a Movement to Assign a Class E Liquor License (Short-term License) to Assumption Greek Orthodox Church positioned at 15625 S. Bell Highway, Homer Glen, for the “Greek for a Day” Pageant occurring July thirtieth by way of July thirty first, 2022. Authorized, with Trustees Pazmino and Reynders abstaining as a result of they’ve liquor licenses.
- Take into account a Movement to Approve Ordinance 22-025, a request for a Variance to cut back the required aspect yard constructing setback from ten (10) toes to seven (7) toes for sure actual property positioned within the R-4 Single Household Residential District at 12239 W. Carroll Drive, Homer Glen, Illinois [Case No. HG-2207-V] (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account a Movement to Approve Ordinance No. 22-026, a request for (1) a Variance to permit an out of doors leisure space and a shed as an obstruction within the nook aspect yard and (2) a Variance to cut back the nook aspect yard constructing setback to (5) toes for the outside leisure space and 9 (9) toes for the shed, for sure actual property positioned within the R-5 Single Household Residential District at 13057 W Spring Court docket, Homer Glen, Illinois. [Case No. HG-2208-V] (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account a Movement to Approve Ordinance No. 22-027, a request for a Variance to extend the allowable copy space for a guide changeable copy signal from the utmost thirty (30) p.c to fifty-five (55) p.c of the general signal copy space, which measures sixteen (16) sq. toes, for sure actual property positioned within the P-1 Governmental Buildings and Public Faculties district at 14320 W 151st Avenue, Homer Glen, Illinois. [HG-2209-V] (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account a Movement to Approve Ordinance 22-028, an Ordinance proposing the institution of a Particular Service Space (SSA) for the Villas of Previous Oak, offering for a public Listening to on this matter. (permitted unanimously)
- Take into account a Movement to Approve the contract for skilled engineering companies for the Fiddyment Creek Sanitary Sewer – Cedar Highway Extension with Robinson Engineering, Ltd. within the quantity of 12.5% of development price to not exceed $180,469.00 plus an quantity to not exceed $22,000 for geotechnical research/soil borings as detailed within the Scope of companies. (permitted unanimously)
Homer Glen Resident Requires Gun Ban at Village Board Assembly