After ending the 2022 season with a 3-14 document, the Chicago Bears have the No.1 decide within the NFL draft, along with seven different alternatives. Additionally, Chicago will possible benefit from the chance to commerce again, accumulating extra picks on this yr’s draft.
Over the subsequent few weeks, we’re counting down our prime 15 draft prospects for the Bears with scouting stories for every, the staff’s want for his or her place, and the probability the Bears draft them.
Kicking issues off at No. 15 is SMU’s Rashee Rice, a large receiver more likely to get drafted within the first two rounds. A bodily athlete with the power to turn out to be a WR1, Rice may improve the Bears’ receiver room.
Measurables: 6’2″, 203 kilos
- Profession: 235 receptions, 3,111 yards and 25 touchdowns
- 2022: 98 receptions, 1,355 yards and 10 touchdowns
- In a position to play by press protection and overpowers weaker defenders.
- His physique and energy result in yards after the catch. He’ll run by arm tacklers.
- Glorious palms; will win nearly all of bounce ball alternatives regardless of the common top.
- Not a refined route runner. He wins by overpowering defensive backs on slants and different brief routes.
- Quick sufficient to win, however not a burner. Rice excels by leveraging his athleticism and measurement, not his go off the road.
- His lack of method and play velocity as a receiver would require an offense to design performs for him to benefit from his expertise.
Chicago was the worst passing offense within the NFL final season. Three huge receivers are free brokers this offseason (N’Keal Harry, Dante Pettis, Byron Pringle), and in 2024, Darnell Mooney and Chase Claypool will even be free brokers. The Bears want so as to add depth to the huge receiver room on this draft.
Rice jogs my memory of a slower Brandon Aiyuk. Like Aiyuk, he’s extra of an athlete taking part in huge receiver than a pure huge receiver when evaluating the finer factors of route working and releasing from the road of scrimmage.
As a large receiver, Rice has higher palms than Velus Jones Jr. and, regardless of being slower, shouldn’t wrestle to generate yards after the catch with the ball in his palms.
We’re counting down our prime 15 draft prospects for the Bears in 2023. Examine again each different day.
|15. WR Rashee Rice||14. COMING 2/3||13. COMING 2/5|
|12. COMING 2/7||11. COMING 2/9||10. COMING 2/11|
|9. COMING 2/13||8. COMING 2/15||7. COMING 2/17|
|6. COMING 2/19||5. COMING 2/21||4. COMING 2/23|
|3. COMING 2/25||2. COMING 2/27||1. COMING 3/1|
Leave a Reply