ORLAND PARK, Ailing. – A Calumet City man on parole was arrested final week after he was discovered to be in possession of a stolen vehicle and led officers on a chase by way of Orland Sq. Mall, police stated.
On Friday, Orland Park tactical officers situated a stolen Dodge Charger within the car parking zone of the mall. They then witnessed a person get into the car and try and drive away.
The stolen car turned disabled and the person, later recognized as 26-year-old Devonta Harris, fled on foot, police stated.
Harris entered the mall and officers chased him by way of the higher degree of the mall, police stated.
Harris tried to evade officers by leaping from the higher degree to decrease degree, in keeping with police. He tried fleeing once more however was taken into custody.
Orland Park fireplace officers had been referred to as to the scene to deal with Harris for accidents he suffered from his leap from the higher degree of the mall, police stated. He was taken to Silver Cross Hospital.
Devonta Harris | Orland Park Police Division
Whereas inspecting the stolen car, officers say they discovered a loaded Glock handgun with an prolonged journal on the motive force’s seat.
After additional investigating, police realized Harris was on lively parole standing as he was needed by the Prepare dinner County Sheriff’s Division for escape after his digital monitoring bracelet had been illegally eliminated.
Harris additionally had an arrest warrant from Tinley Park police for fleeing and eluding, police stated.
Harris was charged with the next:
- Possession of Stolen Motor Car – (Class 2 Felony)
- Aggravated Illegal Use Of Weapon By A Felon – (Class 3 Felony)
- Aggravated Illegal Use Of Weapon – Prior Conviction – (Class 2 felony)
- Fleeing and Eluding Police 625 ILCS 5/11-204 – (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Obstructing a Peace Officer 720 ILCS 5/31-1 – (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Obstructing Identification 720 ILCS 5/31-4.5(a) – (Class A Misdemeanor)